ACI In Your Classroom
Integrate ACI into your classroom!
To support future leaders, ACI has launched several initiatives to engage students in the Institute’s activities and programs – select programs that may be of interest to Educators are:
- Free student membership – encourage students to sign up
- Special student discounts on ACI 318 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete,
ACI SP-17(14) Student Edition of The Reinforced Concrete Design Handbook, ACI 530 Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structure, Formwork for Concrete manual, & Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction 4th Edition.
- Access to Concrete International – free to all ACI student members
- Access to ACI Structural Journal and ACI Materials Journal – free to all ACI student members
- ACI University Certificate Program – the ACI Certificate Program, delivered through ACI University, encourages concrete professionals to gain in-depth knowledge about particular topics in concrete materials, design, or construction by following a defined online course of study. Once a certificate program has been completed, the participant will receive a certificate from ACI.
- Student competitions – participate in ACI’s written and/or team-based competitions
- Scholarships and fellowships – students who win awards are provided up to $15,000 and may be offered internships and paid travel to attend ACI’s conventions
- ACI Award for University Student Activities – receive local and international recognition for your University’s participation in concrete related activities
- Free digital access to ACI’s practices – ACI student members receive free digital access to the Institute's practices, which contains 200+ Guides and Reports
- ACI online recorded web sessions and continuing education programs – online learning tools ideal for use as quizzes or in-class study material
- Certificate in Repair Application Procedures – this program covers the purpose of the repair, applications for which each method is appropriate, surface preparation, safety considerations, and the repair procedure. Students may apply 10 ACI University Tokens to complete this program for FREE
- The Multi-Cultural Communication session – was sponsored by ACI Committee S802 Teaching Methods and Educational Materials. Faculty members share tools, tips, and resources for communicating with a diverse body of students.